Whether it’s to lose weight, earn more money, or find our soul mate, trying to reach our goals can feel like a chore. We keep reaching for something outside of ourselves, which makes us feel like we aren't where we should be. We spend so much time trying to get to the next goal that many of us miss the journey and forget how important the process is.
In my new book Adventures for Your Soul, I share a process that helped me relax into the journey of life, rather than pushing uphill and trying to make things happen.
What if you're actually exactly where you should be, even if it doesn't feel like it?
Most people feel as if something is missing and their life is off track. But we can reverse this. What if you're actually doing a lot better at life than you give yourself credit for? Consider that everything you’ve ever experienced has prepared you for who you are now and who you are yet to become.
If you feel like you're struggling to figure it out, give yourself a little more credit. You are exactly where you should be, and here are 18 signs to remind you:
1. You wake up in the morning happy and excited to live your day.
2. You’ve let go of trying to find your purpose and instead live each day on purpose.
3. You often celebrate how far you’ve come instead of focusing on how far you still need to go.
4. You see that failures are often successes in disguise.
5. You relish the possibilities and enjoy exploring the unknown.
6. You can see setbacks as opportunities for realignment to steer you in a new life direction.
7. You are incredibly thankful for everything in your life.
8. You treat yourself kindly with compassion and respect.
9. You’ve stopped trying to change people or get them to see your perspective. Instead you appreciate everyone for who they are in each moment.
10. You’ve stopped comparing yourself to others (or at least you try) and you can celebrate the successes of others.
11. You follow your heart and let your dreams guide your life.
12. You are working on releasing expectations of how things are supposed to turn out; instead you recognize that everything happens for you, not to you.
13. You see beauty in everything and everyone.
14. You’ve stopped waiting for the breakthrough and see that each mini moment matters most.
15. You are OK with not knowing.
16. You know that difficult roads lead to divine destinations.
17. You prioritize your health and your own happiness. You realize that nothing else can work right until you do.
18. You’ve discovered that the journey is more rewarding than the destination.
To create your own list, grab this FREE Love Your Life to the Fullest guide.